What better job could I have than teaching piano and singing to people of all ages and experience?
Teaching – my experience lies in:
- Running a large private practice, teaching children and adults singing and piano
- Being a peripatetic singing and piano teacher working with students of all ages and abilities in Essex schools
- Directing three children’s choirs
- Being vocal coach for the Stour Choral Society helping singers improve their techniques when preparing to perform the big choral works
- Accompanying singers and choirs on the piano
- Taking part in recitals as a professional soprano, working with choral societies and with my concert group ‘Con Spirito’
I graduated from the Open University with an Honours Degree in Humanities with Music, gaining a Diploma in Music as part of my undergraduate studies. I have Grade 8 Qualifications in Singing, Piano and Theory of Music from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
I enjoyed singing as a child and as soon as I was old enough, joined the school choir and then several other choirs. I studied music in order to become a performer and music teacher. I worked (and still work) for Essex Education Department and have been Director of Music for two lively churches where I trained their choirs and chose music for services, weddings and funerals as well as directing proceedings for major church feast days.
An interest in gospel, musical theatre, world music and also contemporary songs has led me to launch a new Community Choir called Grace Notes – starting in June 2016